CTR Maintenance Options

If you were unable to complete the required 20 CEs for this cycle due to circumstances that meet specified criteria, you may request an extension. This will allow deficient hours from one cycle to be obtained in the next two-year cycle period. Four (4) Category A CEs must be completed before extension is granted.

To request an extension, complete this form.

Medical Disability Release
If you were unable to complete the required 20 CEs for this cycle because of a medical disability, which also limits participation in CE activities, you may apply to NCRA for a release of the CTR credential maintenance requirements. Medical documentation of the impairment must be provided. This release applies for the term of your disability and only to situations with the actual individual - not family members.

To request a disability release, complete this form.

If you seek to discontinue utilizing your CTR credential, then request a CTR retirement. This will grant you a permanent release of the CE requirements of submitting 20 CEs every two years AND paying the annual CTR maintenance fee.

To request a retirement, complete this form.


If you are unable to pay the annual CTR maintenance fee, contact NCRA to discuss your options. Contact NCRA by email or call 703-299-6640 x315.


If your CTR was officially revoked, you may request a reinstatement of your credential. Individuals who have not submitted CTR maintenance fees and/or CE hours (via a CE Summary Form) for three or more years since the last completed CE cycle on record, must retake the CTR Exam.

To request a reinstatement, complete this form.