2018 National Cancer Registrars Week
Hidden Jewels of Cancer Care
April 9-13, 2018
Cancer registrars throughout the world will join their colleagues, fellow medical professionals, and community leaders to observe the 22nd annual National Cancer Registrars Week (NCRW), April 9-13, 2018. The purpose of NCRW is to emphasize the important role cancer registrars play in capturing the data that informs cancer research, prevention, and treatment programs. The theme for 2018 is Hidden Jewels of Cancer Care.
A special NCRW packet will be mailed in February to all NCRA members. It will contain the NCRW 2018 poster, press release, and a special gift to commemorate the week.
In the meantime, start planning your celebrations:
• 2018 NCRW Press Release: Please feel free to modify the press release for your own promotions.
• Cancer Registrar “Elevator Speech”: NCRA prepared a simple speech to help explain the valuable work of cancer registrars.
• Sample Text for Letter to Governor to Proclaim April 9-13, National Cancer Registrars Week
• Celebration Ideas: Borrow proven NCRW celebration plans and events or create your own.
• NCRW Logos: NCRA has prepared various sizes of the NCRW 2018 logo to help you create your own promotional materials, including an e-mail signature and e-Postcard to send to colleagues. These graphics are in the zip file I sent.
1.NCRW 2018 Logo – E-signature (400 x 167 pixels)
2.NCRW 2018 Logo – E-postcard (1200 x 500 pixels)
3.NCRW 2018 Logo – General Graphic (600 x 250 pixels)
4.NCRW 2018 Logo – Small Graphic Option 1 – White Background (180 x 180 pixels)
5.NCRW 2018 Logo – Small Graphic Option 2 – Blue Background (180 x 180 pixels)
If you need an EPS (i.e. vector) file to create a banner, please e-mail Peggy Meehan at email@example.com.
• NCRW E-mail Signature: Use the graphic above and this text to create an NCRW 2018 e-mail signature.
Cancer Registrars: Hidden Jewels of Cancer Care
National Cancer Registrars Week (NCRW)
April 9-13, 2018
NCRW: Celebrating the role cancer registrars play in improving cancer treatment and prevention programs.
• NCRW e-Postcard: Use the e-Postcard graphic above to send an e-mail blast to colleagues and administrators the week of April 9.
• NCRW and NCRA Products: Visit NCRA’s Store at CafePress to order NCRW and NCRA gifts and products.
• 2018 NCRW Online Survey: The NCRW Committee seeks member feedback in order to improve current celebratory NCRW efforts. After the event, please complete the online survey.
Let us know how you are celebrating the week. E-mail Peggy Meehan.
NCRW was established as an annual celebration to promote the work of cancer registry professionals. Founded by National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA), NCRW is officially celebrated the second full week in April; however, by the nature of their work, cancer registrars should be celebrated year-round for their incredible dedication toward quality cancer data management.
Cancer registrars mark National Cancer Registrars Week to promote how the cancer data they collect provide essential information to researchers, healthcare providers, and public health officials to better monitor and advance cancer treatments, conduct research, and improve cancer prevention and screening programs. Supervisors of cancer registry professionals take this opportunity to organize staff recognition events and properly acknowledge their staff's important role.
2017: Cancer Registrars: Putting the Pieces Together
2016: Cancer Registrars: The Heart of Improving Cancer Care
2015: Cancer Registrars: The Lighthouse in a Storm of Change
2014: Cancer Registrars: Steadfast in an Evolving Environment
2013: Cancer Registrars: Cornerstones of Care
2012: Cancer Registrars: Partners in Progress
2011: Cancer Registrars Pave the Way to a Cure
2010: Cancer Registrars are Recording Artists
2009: Cancer Registrars...Rock Solid
2008: Cancer Registrars: More than Just Statistics
2007 Cancer Registrars: The Core of Your Cancer Program
2006: Cancer Registrars...Advocates in Action
2005: Working Today for a Healthier Tomorrow
2004: Cancer Registrars Seize the Day as experts of cancer data management for a cure!
2003: Cancer Registrars Working Together Toward a World Free of Cancer
2002: Cancer Registrars Bridge the Information Gap
2001: A Hundred Years from now...I was a Cancer Registrar!
2000: Power through Research - Cancer Registrars Celebrating the New Millennium
1999: 25th Anniversary of NCRA – Commitment Dedication and Education toward Cancer Prevention and Control
1998: Cancer Registrars Focus on the Goal: Cancer Control and Prevention
1997: Cancer Registrars Hold the Key